Sunday, September 2, 2012

Short post today: 

Progress on goal - I kept to the no dairy/wheat/sugar.  Since I worked out at boating practice yesterday, I was feeling sore today.  A teammate said to drink a protein shake to help muscles recover faster.  Starbucks serves protein shakes, but they're made of whey protein which is dairy.  So I went to a smoothie shop that offered soy protein - I got it with pineapples, raspberries and banana. 

The problem is that they also have to make it with ice.  I didn't like that idea but bought it anyway.  I regretted it because I learned that there was only 5 grams of soy protein in the shake.  But mainly because I didn't want to drink anything cold.  I've been following Maria Menounos's advice about drinking hot water.  I drank hot water all day yesterday and this morning too and felt great!  I felt thinner (I also ate a low-glycemic dinner last night).  About an hour after drinking the shake, I felt like my chub around my waist expanded!  I also didn't feel as peaceful as I had when I was drinking only hot water. 

I did pick up from that smoothie place a packet of Vanilla Spiru-Protein powder which includes 14 grams of soy protein.  I'll buy some unsweetened soy milk later this week to mix with it.  I will go to boating practice this Wed so I can drink it on Thurs. 

Tomorrow is going to be really busy.  Convention week which I'm psyched for!  Will post more later! 

Didn't weigh myself so here's just what I ate today: 
Breakfast - 2 apples & grapefruit & a few blueberries
Lunch - protein shake
Dinner - salad with grilled chicken
* Supplements:  Iron, Vit D, Airborne, Calcium
Wake up:  6:10am
Going to sleep:  11:45pm
Exercise:  20 min Pilates dvd (though from now on I'll take Sundays off from exercising to keep the Sabbath - I wish that I had just walked my dog & cat around the neighborhood this morning instead)

No comments: