Monday, September 17, 2012

Can you please pray for me?

Since I last posted, I slipped big time!  I have an eating disorder - I ravenously overeat.  It's the thorn in my side that I have suffered with since I was 15.  I wanted to start anew today - 100 days until Christmas.  To redeem my lost chance at my summer internship.  But I slept late last night and woke up late this morning. 

My appointment with a gym trainer didn't appear in the system this morning.  I wanted to start anew today - 9/17/12 - but had to reschedule for Wed 9/19 at 8:30am.  I had an appointment with my advisor which I had to reschedule as well.  What did I do all day?  Unproductively surf the net and gorge on food.  I feel the back fat and just look so heavy.  I can't stop -- Please pray for me in Jesus's Name. 

Please pray that the Holy Spirit saves me, redeems me - I need help.  I looked up Overeaters Anonymous meetings.  I'm terrified by their hard line against sugar.  I don't know if it's doable long term for me.  I'm desperate - I can't do this on my own.  I was reading John Cusack's Huffington Post interview about this self-help book. 

What impressed me indelibly was the author saying that he would advise his alcoholic patients to go to AA for 90 days straight even if they don't believe in a higher power because he can't work with them until they get sober.  Invariably they sober up if they attend AA meetings for 90 consecutive days. So I am inspired that the same can work for me with food.  I need to find OA meetings in person or oline that I can attend consecutively.  I can't do this on my own.  Please pray for me :)

No comments: